DRˣ: Distribution Reliability Excellence
DRˣ for Electric Vehicle Penetration and System Impacts
System Planning for Your Grid of the Future
- Utilities are under pressure to develop integrated Distribution plans that enable constraint-free distribution networks with the ability to host an almost unlimited amount of DERs. This includes solar, and storage, wind, electric vehicles, etc.
- EVs in particular worry some utility executives because they know so little about where on their system these sources of significant incremental load are likely to appear, and when
How DRˣ Can Help
Our solution helps executives, managers, and reliability engineers to manage key metrics and essential data. The EV Analysis Module leverages utility and external data along with AI and proprietary modeling techniques to help you plan where and when EV load will be added to your system. This allows for proactive, integrated system planning and robust assessments for regulators and other key stakeholders. In particular, DRˣ helps utility executives to:
- Understand the non-linear rate at which load will increase and where on their system, and then plan accordingly for upgrading substations, adding / upgrading feeders, and making transformer / customer service wire upgrades
- Credibly engage their regulators now in discussions about the timing and magnitude of the impact of this sea change in our industry
- Produce detailed, accurate analysis and visualizations to educate commission staff and ensure requested funds will be sufficient to meet the approaching demand over the next 5 to 10 years
- Demonstrate to customers, regulators and other stakeholders their commitment to supporting growth in Renewables – both in their generation portfolio and in preparing their network to accommodate DERs
- Develop insights into circuit and substation hosting capacity to support integrated distribution planning, with more accurate locational analysis of EV additions and other DER penetration over the next 10 years
Talk to Our Experts Today
Discover how we help clients achieve success.
Insights in Your Inbox
Receive perspectives on the industries and issues that matter.